Re: Crow's Landing

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Crow's Landing
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:50:41 EST
In a message dated 1/13/2005 1:07:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
aceontour@yahoo.com writes:

I  remember this Divisional, which I believe was also a
Bimbo's Revenge. It  rocked. I vaguely remember fourth
gear, but we did most of the turns in  3rd. You'd just
set up really wide. And I remember Jerry Riley  asking
me, later, "Um, did you know you were on two wheels?"

This  was quite a change, because we never got to go
that fast in  Pleasanton!

I remember working the back corners, usually a broad 180 degree sweeper,
with the BP and CP cars running. A black cloud followed the faster cars, like
Larry Park's Vette. The sandpaper-like surface was scrubbing off a layer of
rubber. The "cloud" was rubber particles. It would build up on the outside of
the corners. Not quite deep enough to "camber" the turn, but piles of it! -

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer@aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette