Re: event and portapotties

To: "Kevin Stevens" <autox@pursued-with.net>
Subject: Re: event and portapotties
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:43:17 -0800
Kevin,
Nope, I don't wanna get us kicked out.  Looking at the contract frankly is
where I would start, once my cute references to a write-in campaign got
mistaken for a full-on diatribe.  Because as sure as you are that it doesn't
allow us restroom privileges, that's as sure as I am that the presence of an
adequate number of blue rooms in adequate condition ARE in the contract.

A reasonable response by the Coliseum management to their having violated
(what I imagine is in) their contract by not providing facilities, would be
to have the guard on the cute little scooter unlock the route to one set of
Stadium restrooms, and to find a way to convey that information to the
potential users.  Which, I bet, is how we have gotten to use them in the
past.

The e-mail or phone campaign is somewhere that we would go if stonewalled by
the first bureaucrat that we run into, one of those types who can say no
without being able to say yes.  Followed by a call to the Tribune, the
County Commissioners, the East Bay Express, and anyone else who could
embarass them into meeting their contract.  Failing that, we hire our own
honey huts and take it out of the rent.   Because this should be a
non-negotiable, always-taken-care-of-no-exceptions, condition of our use.

Should our contract for some reason NOT have performance requirements,
contact information for the vendor 24/7, and penalties for non-performance
<must....avoid....potty....references....> then fault and blame would be
cast upon our own heads (darn, missed one) and a new model contract must be
negotiated post-haste.

PaulT