Re: [Bmcu] SU Carb Needle for Utah mountains

To: wbeech@flash.net
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] SU Carb Needle for Utah mountains
From: "rmalsed2@juno.com" <rmalsed2@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:33:04 GMT
For what it's worth: I drove THE 10,000-MILE TD from Seattle to Nova Scotia to
Palm Springs,CA  (=11,434 miles, 83 days) on THE SAME NEEDLES AND CARB ADJ. ,
including over the great divide @ 11,000+ feet , I forgot to make any adj. for
the Rockies ride.....
So from experience I know not what to make of all the needle exchange sides ?
? ? thats my story and I'm sticking to it...iworried more about vapor lock so
installed an electronic extra pump at rear by tank...and inline filterS, too.
Safety Fuel Fast!
Rick

Rick (& Maggie)
040807/041507

-- "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net> wrote:
Re-building the SU-6 carbs on the TR3A and was wondering if everyone/anyone
here uses the 'SM' needle that is supplied for normal altitudes?  I am in
Heber at 6,000ft and was just curious as to whether I should swap out the
needle while I am at this stage in the re-build or is the consensus that the
'SM' needle is OK and can be tuned for this area.

Thanks in advance,

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO