Re: [Bmcu] SU Carb Needle for Utah mountains

To: wbeech <wbeech@flash.net>
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] SU Carb Needle for Utah mountains
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 09:55:13 -0600
Bill,

I concur with Jon Hermance that lean needles are a good idea at our
altitudes.  The guideline is that they are recommended over 5,000 ft.,
and I've found them very helpful in getting the right mixture range even
at 4,500 here in SLC.

As you probably know, for TR3's the recommended needle designations are
SM normal, RH rich, and SL lean.

Cheers,
        --Gary