Re: The Bricklin I found..

To: Dave Cairns <dexin@idirect.com>,
Subject: Re: The Bricklin I found..
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 20:41:40 -0500
At 04:31 PM 4/5/97 -0600, Dave Cairns wrote:

> Hello everyone.. Well I will tell you about more about the bricklin
> I am looking at buying.. It's a '75 Green.. And it's From a fellow
> named Angelo Santangelo (He Says He know's Terry Tanner) Well he
> want's $2000 Canadian for it.. The frame need's some work (ie. When
> I looked under the car part of it was broken off (But only needed to
>  be welded back on..)) Umm the body is in bad condition but he said
> he would be able to help me with it.......

Dave,

   The $2000 price is not really out of line, however, I'd try offering
less, $1,500 maybe.  All he can do is say no.  Can you
give any better description of the part of the chassis that is
broken.  If it is the horizontal transmission support brace, that
isn't much of a problem.  However, you really need to get under the
car and check the chassis for rust.  Some easy places to check,
are the front of the front fender wells.  There is supposed to be
a box like thing at the front bottom of the fender wells.  The
front of the fiber glass floor pan should have a metal reinforcement
plate on each side of the transmission.  Is that rotted, there is
a plate that is shaped to go over the transmission under the
fiberglass to stiffen the car, with a piece that toes across the
back of the seat...  If these part are really eaten away, then the
chassis probably has major rust problems.  I've written several
articles on this.  Send me you mailing address and I'll try to
xerox the articles and mail them to you.  I will eventrally put them
up on the web page.  I just need some more hours in a day.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!