Re: The Bricklin I found..

To: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>,
Subject: Re: The Bricklin I found..
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 14:15:59 -0400
At 11:38 AM 4/8/97 -0400, Phil Martin wrote:

in responce to Dave Cairns

>... looking at buying.. It's a '75 Green.. And it's From a fellow
>  named Angelo Santangelo (He Says He know's Terry Tanner) Well he
> want's $2000 Canadian for it..
>
> .... and the interior will need to be completely replaced.  I was
>  also told that the frame of my car "needs some work" - when I got
> the body off, I learned that the frame was totally pooched, and it
> wasn't possible to tell this with the body on.  That green car has
> been sitting outside for years, I'd expect that the frame is in
> similar condition to mine (ie: needing complete replacement).

> Before you get it, I recommend you call Terry Tanner and ask for his
> price sheet so you'll have a good idea of what you're getting into -
> you'll need to buy most of the parts on it - I'm figuring my
> resto/mod will cost between $15-20k cdn, and I expect the green car
> would need at least that, depending on what you want to do to it.

I did copy the 2 articles for you.  I need to run them up to the post office
now.

I totally agree with Phil, Dave.  For some info on my restoration, I have
rehab. my frame my self at the cost of $1,000 for my mig welder.
 So far I have 752 documented hours working on my car (more actually)
and I've spent $4,875.06 on parts.  I still have $2,100+ to go (I need
the complete air door system - $600 for the manifold etc, $200 for the
rams, and $200 for the new air latch solenoids, $300+ for an exhaust
system, $300 for a radiator, $500+ for paint and supplies.)  Not to
mention the complete interior.  I'm looking for used interior panels,
where someone restored a car and replaced their old ones instead of
fixing them up.

I do almost all my own work, with occassional help of my dad and a
neighbor.  You will need help both physically and mentally.  Especially if
you haven't restored a car before.  I just finished
spending 3 1/2 year on my Morgan and 1741 documentated hours when
I started my Brick.  This is about the 6th car I've restored.

I've been pretty lucky find parts below what Terry and Bob are selling
them for but that has taken some time.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!