Re: VIN 1758 - STOLEN!!!!!!! Please help!!

To: <GodlyKrew@aol.com>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIN 1758 - STOLEN!!!!!!! Please help!!
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 00:40:19 -0500
I don't know. If you find out let me know. I had this happen when I had an
Austin Healy for sale years ago. They drove it until the police convinced
them to return it; with a blown head gasket and ruined bearings, crank.
Lawyers told me that without a signed and notarized agreement limiting use,
possession is 9/10 of the law. Same thing is true if you loan something to a
relative, friend, whoever. If they keep it............Good luck, and I hope
he doesn't damage it because if he does; you will need a "preponderance of
evidence" to prove your word is better than his to have any case against him
for damages. Sorry I couldn't be more positive.

GM