Re: Air Doors

To: gschiro@qsky.com
Subject: Re: Air Doors
From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (Jim Isbell)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 15:13:54 -0600 (CST)
>I think there is a flaw in your plan.  If the doors are so low that they
>need the tank refilling, you won't be able to easily open them at the
>service station to get out and refill the tanks, unless you have a pump
>at home and can check the pressure before attmepting to open the doors.
>A better solution might be to arrange to power the electric air pump
>from an external point, either at 12 or 110 volts.  That way you can
>pump up the tank just about anywhere.

If I am in the car, getting out is not a problem, once, or even twice, but
it becomes tiresom the third time.

Normaly the problem is that I have left the car sitting for a few weeks and
then I want to jaunt around town (which is not enough to get the tank full)
but I dont want to be bothered with the gymnastics it takes to get out then
the air is low.

Secondly, there is no electric pump on mine.  It is a vacuume operated pump.
Did later cars have an electric pump?

And finaly, I have a source of air at home.
                                                                    Jim I. ,
Onboard "Millennium Falcon"

"Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports.
All others are just games."  E. Hemingway---- J.Isbell adds "and sailing."