Re: Air Doors

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Doors
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:33:14 -0500
At 04:32 PM 11/30/97 -0600, you wrote:

>>The working pressure is about 125psi.  there should be a stem under the
>>rear bumper on the accumulator on the right side (I think).
>
>I dont think my accumulator is in the rear bumper.  Mine is a 74 and it
>is only #23 so maybe its different.  Remember reading somewhere that
>there was a change from the early models to the ones with the accumulator
>in the bumper.  But my car is 180 miles away right now so I cant look.

Jim,

   Since air doors weren't stock, (they were developed by Terry) it really
doesn't make any difference what you VIN is.  To hold the air for the
air doors, there is a heavy steel rectangular box that gets welded to
the 2 bumper mounting plates on the rear bumper.

As to later VINs there was a mod to the later 75's that replaced the
coffee can as the vaccumn accumulator for the headlight vaccum.  They
drilled a hole in the front bumper and used the metal inner structure
of the bumper as the accumulator.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire