Re: More Air Door Questions

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Air Door Questions
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 17:59:33 -0500
At 10:59 PM 12/8/97 -0600, John M. Cotterell wrote:

>2. Is a supplemental vacuum pump advisable to reduce the amount of time
>the compressor needs to operate?

John,

So far the consense has been yes!  However, to be a bit picky, I don't
know that I would opt for an additional VACUUM pump.  Instead I'd got
with one of the new electric pumps Terry is selling.

Reason:  If your engine is NOT running, and your accumulator is empty,
the electric pump can fill it in under 5 min.  That does presuppose that
your battery is charged.

These compressors do have a pressure cut off/on switch.  Therefore, it
will keep the tank full.  In addition, most people wire a power on/off
switch to the compressor so that it they can turn off the compressor
if the car is to be parked for a long period of time.  They are usually
mounted on the front of the front fender well.  Most of the cars I've
seen with the vacuum pumps have had them mounted under the hood.  I guess
to hold down the interior noise.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire