Re: More Air Door Questions

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Air Door Questions
From: jisbelljr@mail.utexas.edu
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:19:33 -0700 (MST)
>You might want to look at some of the 12v heavy duty air pumps sold by
>most auto/truck places to inflate tires.  I'd consider one with at least
>an 8 hour duty cycle which usually means they have a built in cooling
>fan.  A built in thermal cut out would be a good feature as well.
>Obviously the pump needs to be able to reach 120+ psi.  I'd be reluctant
>to use an electric pump with under an hour's duty cycle as it might
>overheat rapidly.  Whatever you put in, it would be wise to test it
>under worst case conditions to be sure it doesn't overheat and start a
>fire.  The mounting location should avoid engine heat and provide a
>cooling air stream.

I plan on using my 20 gallon 3HP compressor which should air it up in just a
few minutes.  I dont think there is any reason to worry away from home since
it will be freshly air up and it stays aired even on short hops IF it is
freshly aired up before I leave the house.  I just bought a tire pump that
plugs into the cigarette lighter and has a 20 minute duty cycle and that
should take care of emergencys.

I have no need for a permanently mounted system since the vacuum system
works so well.
                                               Jim

"I dont fear death, I just dont want to be there
when it happens."

           Woody Allan