RE: Door Lock Solenoids

To: "'Pete Freeland'" <pete@fltdyn.com>, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Door Lock Solenoids
From: Michael Mitchell <MICHAELM@bcgsys.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 16:46:00 -0500
I assume that since you need the solenoid that you are running air doors
(if you are still using hydraulics, you can remove the latch -- the
pressures involved with the hydraulic system will keep the door shut. Be
careful that you don't remove both screws at the same time, though, and
accidentally lose the bottom plate the latch attaches to into the
frame). Although I am not using them, I understand that Terry Tanner has
been working on or has available air actuated door locks. They don't put
a burden on the electrical system, and are designed to release before
enough pressure has built up to raise the door. This eliminates the
bending of the door that occurs when the lock gets stuck and pressure is
applied to the door.