'75 Fix Ups

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: '75 Fix Ups
From: Godly Krew <GodlyKrew@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 02:59:21 EST
Hey All,
Just received phase 1 of my air door upgrade!  Big thanks to Paul for all the
help =)
I received the control panel, the vacuum pump, and a center console.
What else Do I need, Paul, and when can ya send the parts?

Questions:
1: what types of materials were used to make the console (fibers, resin, etc.)
How
many layers were applied?  The console is much stronger than the plastic one
from the factory.

2:  I need a wiring diagram for the air door system as well as the "wiring"
for the air tubes.

3:  The air tank for the rear bumper on '75 models came with the car, right?
Or is that something separate?  Where is the "connector" for input and output
of air?

4:  I know I am supposed to remove the metal plate that the hydraulic pump is
mounted to, but what about the other parts?  should everything in the
compartment behind the drivers seat be removed?

5: What exactly does the vacuum pump do for the air doors and are there
supposed to be any electrical connections to it?  All i see are a barbed input
fitting and an output fitting...no place for electrical...

6:  RUST.JPG is a photo of the drivers side in front of the windshield that is
normally covered by the hood.  This looks really bad and there are "flakes"
that need to be removed.  What type of equipment should I use to get that
stuff outta there?  I'm not sure a dirt devil will accept this stuff....

7: How in the world are you supposed to align the gullwing doors?  The drivers
side door seems way outta whack.  there's too much space in front, and too
little in back...I've tried alighning the door, but its just not working....
Also, We had to tap new threads for the bolts cause the old ones were
stripped.  What type of bolts should I use to get the door as low as possible
when closed so that the bolts do not make contact with the weatherstripping?

Also, My car hasn't had any of the "Aftermarket" updates such as the leaks in
the firewall.  I can feel cold air coming down from where the headlight swicth
is, but its not coming towards me as I thought it would...its going towards
the floor! is this normal?  A list of all fixes/updates that could be done
when I have the seats, carpet and dash out of the car would be excellent.

Sorry about all the questions, gang, but I gotta get the major bugs outta VIN
1758 as well as the leaks!  Only then I can sell my other car and have some $$
in my pocket for a change =)

Riley Marquis
VIN 1758