RE: '75 Fix Ups

To: "'Greg Monfort'" <wingracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: RE: '75 Fix Ups
From: Ron Auger <ron.auger@olsy-na.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 18:04:21 -0500
------ =_NextPart_000_01BD542A.9D0A9D00

On Friday, March 20, 1998 5:12 PM, Greg Monfort
[SMTP:wingracer@email.msn.com] wrote:

> [...]
The bolt heads on mine crush the weather-stripping. After a while, the
weather-stripping gets permanent bolt-head impressions. But mine are
off-center enough to not cause any leakage (air or water).

> >Also, My car hasn't had any of the "Aftermarket" updates such as
> the leaks in
> >the firewall.  I can feel cold air coming down from where the
> headlight swicth
> >is, but its not coming towards me as I thought it would...its going
> towards
> >the floor! is this normal?
> =============
> Don't know, mine only leaks around the forward edge of the door
> where it makes a poor seal. Are you sure this isn't where the
> draft's coming from?
> =============
I've sealed and insulated the firewall pretty good. But I get the same
draft as Greg mentions around the forward-bottom part of the door. I think
it's typical. I've toyed with the idea of using grease paint or chalk or
something to put on the weather-stripping to see how well contact is made
around the door frame when the door is closed. See if there is any gaps or
limited contact areas. Haven't done it yet.

                                        Ron Auger
(snail-mail) Olsy North America         Staff Software Engineer
        185 Plains Road Suite 302W      203-882-4373 (desk)
        Milford, CT  06460              203-783-1520 (fax)
(E-mail) ron.auger@olsy-na.com          800-759-8888 (bpr) pin#1153000
(C-mail) Ron Auger CMLA
(V-mail) 800-338-0775                           "Eschew  Obfuscation"

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD542A.9D0A9D00--