Re: '75 Fix Ups

To: "Godly Krew" <GodlyKrew@aol.com>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '75 Fix Ups
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 17:11:36 -0500
-----Original Message-----

>2:  I need a wiring diagram for the air door system as well as the
"wiring"
>for the air tubes.
============
Do you have Tanner's system?
============

>3:  The air tank for the rear bumper on '75 models came with the
car, right?
>Or is that something separate?
============
It's separate and has to be welded on.
============
  Where is the "connector" for input and output
>of air?
============
Screwed into the add on tank.
============

>4:  I know I am supposed to remove the metal plate that the
hydraulic pump is
>mounted to, but what about the other parts?  should everything in
the
>compartment behind the drivers seat be removed?
============
If it's Tanner's system, everything except wiring goes.
============

>5: What exactly does the vacuum pump do for the air doors and are
there
>supposed to be any electrical connections to it?  All i see are a
barbed input
>fitting and an output fitting...no place for electrical...
============
It refills the tank and it's vacuum operated. No electrical
connections.
============

>6:  RUST.JPG is a photo of the drivers side in front of the
windshield that is
>normally covered by the hood.  This looks really bad and there are
"flakes"
>that need to be removed.  What type of equipment should I use to
get that
>stuff outta there?  I'm not sure a dirt devil will accept this
stuff....
=========
No RUST.JPG attached.
=========

>7: How in the world are you supposed to align the gullwing doors?
The drivers
>side door seems way outta whack.  there's too much space in front,
and too
>little in back.
=============
That's pretty common and you're limited by how far forward you can
move the door by how misaligned the "C" pillar is installed. My
doors are shoved as far forward as possible, but the gap variance is
still extreme.
=============
..I've tried alighning the door, but its just not working....
>Also, We had to tap new threads for the bolts cause the old ones
were
>stripped.  What type of bolts should I use to get the door as low
as possible
>when closed so that the bolts do not make contact with the
weatherstripping?
=============
Huh?
=============

>Also, My car hasn't had any of the "Aftermarket" updates such as
the leaks in
>the firewall.  I can feel cold air coming down from where the
headlight swicth
>is, but its not coming towards me as I thought it would...its going
towards
>the floor! is this normal?
=============
Don't know, mine only leaks around the forward edge of the door
where it makes a poor seal. Are you sure this isn't where the
draft's coming from?
 A list of all fixes/updates that could be done
>when I have the seats, carpet and dash out of the car would be
excellent.
Don't know, other than the heater fix, windows, door bracing and
water proofing.

GM