RE: Re: Window, Body Glues

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Re: Window, Body Glues
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:32:41 -0400
At 11:25 PM 7/7/99 EDT, you wrote:

>I remember your earlier post but I thought you had the door skin off.
Thanks
>for the clarification.  You said you welded the channels to the top of the
>mechanism.  Was this before or after the glass was in them?  You also said
>welding them to the top of the mechanism made the window not go all the way
>down.  Do you think it is possible to weld the things lower?  I don't do
>welding (at least not yet) so that would be a bit of a complication.  For
the
>short term it looks like I might try a quick re-glueing and then get the
>channels later.  I will probably get some of Terry's acrylic glue.  I don't
>know if its the same stuff you got with the window kit, but I heard it was
>German and called Winser or something.  I guess it is either that or Liquid
>Nails :)  Thanks again.

George,

   I really hope you were kidding about the liquid nails.  I don't suggest
using that.  A friend tried it, and he has to redo everything he did with
that product.  George Malaska uses some polyeurothane (sp?) that he gets
from NAPA for gluing the body panels on.  That should work.  Terry
has been experimenting with a "new" glue for body panels.  Don't know if
he uses that on the window channels now or not.  The old German glue was
quite expensive.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org