RE: Re: Window, Body Glues

To: symbiotic@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Re: Window, Body Glues
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 23:25:39 EDT
>I found that the best way is not to use any adhesive.  I bought the new u
>channels from Tanner and the expensive German glue.  Try as I might, I
>couldn't get the windows to set.

Kim,
I remember your earlier post but I thought you had the door skin off.  Thanks
for the clarification.  You said you welded the channels to the top of the
mechanism.  Was this before or after the glass was in them?  You also said
welding them to the top of the mechanism made the window not go all the way
down.  Do you think it is possible to weld the things lower?  I don't do
welding (at least not yet) so that would be a bit of a complication.  For the
short term it looks like I might try a quick re-glueing and then get the
channels later.  I will probably get some of Terry's acrylic glue.  I don't
know if its the same stuff you got with the window kit, but I heard it was
German and called Winser or something.  I guess it is either that or Liquid
Nails :)  Thanks again.
-George