Re: Window, Body Glues

To: GLCurley@aol.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window, Body Glues
From: K M <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 23:53:02 PDT
I found that the best way is not to use any adhesive.  I bought the new u
channels from Tanner and the expensive German glue.  Try as I might, I
couldn't get the windows to set.  I took one to a local shop and that guy
used two layers of gasket material and a big hammer. Wham, wham and it was
done -- still removable if need be, but solidly yet with proper flexibility,
done.  It was so easy that the guy didn't want to charge me but I gave him
10.00 anyway. The window guy had a two part super adhesive that he could
have used but it would have made the window and channel inseparable and
knowing Bricklins, I didn't want to do anything that permanent. By the way,
there is a lot of work that you can do on the inside of the door without
removing the skin. Kim