Re: Headlights

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlights
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:44:47 -0400
At 10:11 PM 5/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Every time I start my Brick or really put my foot into the gas my headlights
>pop up and then after a few seconds they go back down. I thought it was the
>check valve in the vacuum can so I have pulled every on I could find out of
>the scrapyards and I get the same result over and over. It has been this way
>since I bought it. Any ideas??

Mark,

  This is indeed a very common problem.  And I'm pretty sure you are correct
in thinking that it is the check valve.  My only guess is that the ones you've
gotten from the scrap yard are also bad, or you have a leak in the vaccumn
system.  You might want to call John Cherba, Terry Tanner or Bob Hoffman and
see what they want for a new check valve.

  The other solution is Terry has perfected a air system replacement for
vaccumn headlight system.  He is going to debut it at the La Porte meet.
Call him for details.  I believe the system will be in the neighborhood of
$300 to $400.

John

   Fasano

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org