Fw: Power Booster

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Power Booster
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:30:44 -0400
I don't, though not for the reason you mention. :^))

The brake booster only affects how hard it is to push
the pedal. It has no bearing on whether the brakes
work, or not, unless you're not strong enough to push
the pedal that is. :^))

It sounds as though at some point in time either the
rear brakes failed, or more likely, that when they
were bled, the valve wasn't held in position so that
it wouldn't transfer all fluid to the fronts. The
valve can't differentiate between bleeding and a
catastrophic failure.

There's a pin that should stick out the front of the
valve and must be held with a clamp, vise grips,
whatever, while bleeding to keep this from happening.
You may have to open the rear bleeders to allow the
pin to be pulled out.

If this isn't the problem, then the only other
possibilities is a defective master cylinder, or
blocked rear supply line.

I'm betting on the valve though. :^))

FWIW, WRT the booster pt.#, I had a rebuilder do mine
for less than another one cost.

GM