Re: Engine swops, ref John T Blair comments

To: "Phil Martin" <pmartin_vacation@hotmail.com>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine swops, ref John T Blair comments
From: "Owen Evans" <tybach@adan.kingston.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 18:33:45 -0700
Phil, I have never driven a Bricklin either, mine came as a basket case,
however some simple maesurements and geometric calculations convinced me
that the rear suspension can't fail to bind and even though I have a Watts
linkage set available, most info I've been able to find suggests not using
it with leaf springs. Also, with the upper links removed it would not help
controlling leaf spring distortion under acceleration or braking.
By stabiliser bar I mean anti sway bar or anti roll bar, my origination is
showing through. My thought is to replace the upper links with an anti roll
bar with some flexibility at the axle end to eliminate binding, I just
wonder if something like this has already been done been done.
Owen Evans