Re: Scrappage

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scrappage
From: Chuck Simms <discountdj@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 15:02:40 -0800 (PST)
How many times to we see that we are victimized by our
own lack of knowledge?

The inherent political power in this country is vested
in the people.  We have certain unalienable rights,
some of which are enumerated in both federal and state
constitutions.  Take a little time to look up the word
unalienable to see what it means.  The bottom line is
that we each have a God given right to own property.
The problem crops up when some elitest people believe
that they are empowered to trample upon our rights,
for whatever reason.  They don't!

Whether you own one or one hundred cars, houses or
baseball cards is not material.  The fact is that you
have the right of ownership.  The concept of eyesores
or visual polution is without merit since beauty is in
the eye of the beholder.  There are certain artistic
renderings that are commissioned by government that
may be considered in the same category.  The problem
is that we do not have the right to tell government
that they can't erect such monstrosities and we
certainly do not have the right to tell our neighbors
what to own, or what color to paint them or how many
they can own.

Since the powers of government are justly derrived
from the rights of the people, how can it be possible
for the people to instill powers where no rights
exist?

The fact is they can't.  It seems that we are placing
the cart before the horse.  Government derrives powers
from the people, we do not have to request priveledges
from our own creation (government) when property
rights are ours from the creator.

Respectfully submitted for your approval,

Chuck Simms