Re: Need better AC

To: Isensee@aol.com
Subject: Re: Need better AC
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 20:20:46 EST
In a message dated 12/29/2001 7:53:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Isensee@aol.com writes:

> - Install the fix to increase the blower speed.
> -
>  Add an electric fan in front of the radiator to supplement the engine
> driven fan and increase air flow at low speed.
> - Have the AC system checked out for leaks and full freon charge.
> - Seal all openings in the firewall.
> - Put insulation under carpet in the passenger compartment.
> - Put exhaust wrap on the exhaust pipes to decrease the heat they radiate
> into the passenger compartment and engine compartment.
> - Made several enhancements to the cooling system to help it run cooler on
> hot days.
>
> I am aware of the fix to align the heater box, but haven't done that
> because
> I am reluctant to tear the dash apart.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything else I can do?

You did not mention if you had replaced/sealed the hand-brake boot.  Lots of
heat can come up through there, as the boots wear out.  Also, TT's new
compound scoop would keep the temp down in the engine compartment while
driving.

George Curley