Re: FW: Need better AC

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Need better AC
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 18:26:02 -0500
At 05:36 PM 12/30/01 EST, Scott Isensee wrote:

>I am getting no vacuum in the vacuum line that runs to the heater valve at
>any setting of the heater controls. Also, I hooked a hand vacuum pump up to
>the heater valve and it doesn't hold vacuum. It appears to me that I may
have
>both a bad valve and a vacuum control problem. Does that sound right? Can
>anyone suggest troubleshooting procedures? Anyone have a part number for the
>heater valve?

Scott,

  I don't remember if the valve is normally open and vac. operated closed
or the other way around.  But it is a commonly available part, however the
original one was metal, the aftermarket ones are plastic.  The part I got
was:  Control Valve                      Autotemp or Everco H1946

There is a "micro" switch mounted on the heater box face, facing the pass.
seat.  This switch should have vac. on one side, then when the doors is
closed or opened, there is an arm that activates the switch either turning
on or off the vac.  Check this switch.  I don't know if they are available
aftermarket or not.