Need better AC

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Need better AC
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 19:52:33 EST
One of my winter projects is to improve the air conditioning on my Bricklin
for next summer. I live in Texas where we regularly get to 100 degrees and I
haven't been able to get my Bricklin to maintain a comfortable interior
temperature.

Here is what I have done so far:

- Install the fix to increase the blower speed.
- Add an electric fan in front of the radiator to supplement the engine
driven fan and increase air flow at low speed.
- Have the AC system checked out for leaks and full freon charge.
- Seal all openings in the firewall.
- Put insulation under carpet in the passenger compartment.
- Put exhaust wrap on the exhaust pipes to decrease the heat they radiate
into the passenger compartment and engine compartment.
- Made several enhancements to the cooling system to help it run cooler on
hot days.

I am aware of the fix to align the heater box, but haven't done that because
I am reluctant to tear the dash apart.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can do?

Would it help to put insulation on the AC hoses in the engine compartment?

Scott Isensee