Re: 75 351W headers? 68 headers "NOT". at least not for me!

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 75 351W headers? 68 headers "NOT". at least not for me!
From: "Mitwelt" <mitwelt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:10:54 -0400
Tried those, from two different manufacturers and they were close, but no
cigar. The mod necessary to get them to fit would have been extensive, not
minor.  Two different shops tried,  and this was after a lead from a Mustang
restorer and Bricklin owner.  Either the config has changed over the years,
or Bricklins are very individual.  If you have the manufacturer and P/N
please, by all means, let us in on it.  But I'll let someone else brave that
path.

Unfortunately, header manufacturers do not spec real close. And one of the
mustang header sets (from a "recommended" manufacturer no less) was so
crappy, it was not worth the effort.  The flange was thin, the geometry a
mess, and the tubing light gauge.

However, Rick from HTC in Canada is working on developing some high grade
headers, so you may want to get a hold of him.  But these will not be for
some of Bricklin's more "budget" oriented owners who love isle 13 or spend 4
hours to save a nickel and make a mess.  I'm sure Rick's set will be top
notch and good fit.

For my B, we ended up with a 95 Mustang stock 1 3/8" shorty tube headers,
but these did require some serious mod on the driver's side.  The pass side
only required some "minor" mods.  However, they do not compare performance
wise to the Tri-y set up.  Of course, getting any weight off the front axle
is always a good thing.

exhausted stephan #2821