Radio Static

To: "Bricklin Group" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radio Static
From: "Steven Rhodes" <swrhodes@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:52:25 -0700
This may seem like a very strange question but while I've owned and worked on
a variety of cars over the years Bricklins are new to me and are certainly a
unique breed. I get a great deal of static on the AM part of my radio (FM is
fine). It is not a stock radio, but I have tried several known good units that
perform perfectly well in other cars all with the same result. I put a filter
(Radio Shack) on the power and ground wires to the radio as well as a
condenser on the alternator output terminal. The car has a brand new set of
resister type plug wires (I'm not sure about the plugs, that's the next step)
and the problem only occurs when the car is running. Key on engine off AM
radio reception is great. If I can't get this sorted it looks like I'll be
getting my news from NPR instead of KCBS!

Thanks for all your help everyone, in addition to this issue I've been saving
all the postings to the site as a sort of encyclopedia that can help me deal
with the inevitable Bricklin problems that will surely crop up from time to
time (not too often I hope).

Sincerely, Steven Rhodes

P.S. any owners in the SF Bay Area that would be interested in getting
together for a beer sometime please E-Mail me at swrhodes@mindspring.com  ,
I'd love to check out your cars. Mine is a work in progress. I live in
Martinez.