frustrating day

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: frustrating day
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:07:56 -0500
Boy what fun today.  Had to help a friend this morning with a problem with
a pourch light on her house with the help of a friend (Dennis).  After fixing
that, Dennis and I came back to my place to try and start mounting and
cleaning up the air system in my Bricklin abou noon.  I've had the doors
going
up and down a couple of years ago.  Then body work, but not that I'm trying
do the final fit for the doors.  Anyway, we started to look at the mase of
spegitti (sp) of air hoses, a loose dryer, and a small control panel I'd made
fo the 3 way valves for the air door release solenoids.  Well we started
 looking for a way and a place to mount the dryer.  Finally decided to mount
it to the outboard wall in the well with the air dist. panel, but how.
Dennis
suggested using a standoff used for conduit, so off to the closest hardware
store.  They didn't have what Dennis was thing of, but they did have a large
U  clamp.  I spent a whole $.69 on it.  Got home and started trying to find a
way to mount this U clamp.  Finally decided it would work, as the dryer has
be stood off the mounting wall by about 1 1/2" because of the "T" for the air
line.  So off we go again, this time to Home Depot.  Well they had the conduit
standoff's just what the doctor ordered.  Now just drill a 1/4" hole and
put a nut and bolt on and we're all set.  To make a long story short, we
finally got the bracket mounted about 6:30 this evening.  As Dennis said,
"at this rate - you should be finished with your B some time next centry".

Just thought I let you all know, that sometimes I have a real frustrating
day. :)

I'm also wondering what you all have used to mount the dryer in the well?

While working on his, I noticed that the air line to the passenger's side
lift ram and gotten some slack and layed on the exhaust.  So the last time
I fired her up, I burned the air line in half.

So a second question.  Are you all clamping the air lines in the well in
any way, just holding them against something with wire ties or what?  How
are you keeping the air lines from getting loose and getting trashed?

Phone:  (757) 495-8229