Re: New Owner Also

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Owner Also
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:07:09 -0400
At 01:16 AM 6/22/2004 -0700, Jon Olson wrote:

>I am a new proud owner of vin #1979. It was in New Jersay and now it is in
>Huntington Beach(Orange County) California. I also have a 75 white blickin
>with 38 original miles but now I have 2 bricklins. The newest one(#1979) has
>a big stress crack in it and I wanted to know if anybody knows where I can
>get a new door for the car to replace the giant crack? Does anybody know
>where I can get an antenna that looks like the original one because ours is
>broken?

Jon,

What type of stress crack in the door?  Is it in the door skin, or the
metal where the door goes from vertical to horizontal?  In either case
you don't need a new door.  If it's the skin, you'll have to decide if
you want to fix the crack and paint the door/car or do you want to find
an acrylic door skin.  If it's the metal on the door, then you'll have
to pull the door skin and add a boomerang brace.  I think we had a big
discussion of this on our "forum" on the club's web page.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair1948@cox.net
1133 Chatmoss Dr.              eBay id: zebra48-1

Bricklin International VP Publications
Editor/Publisher The Brickline
Quarterly Magazine of Bricklin International

     75 Bricklin SV1 (#887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III