Re: Bricklin Special

To: High Tech Coatings <rick@hightechcoatings.com>,
Subject: Re: Bricklin Special
From: Tag <atemi-grappler@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:22:22 -0600
About a decade ago I was hired to be a worker at a plant start up in
Northern Ontario.  Lots of government money etc (typical).  The management
treated the workers terrible, there was some semblance of training (first
aid etc).  Jobs were rotated on a daily basis, so no one actually knew what
they were doing.  The amount of drug abuse and alcoholism was also very
high.

The line up of prospective workers was so long that we were constantly told
how replaceable we were and to stop complaining.

Needless to say I didnt last long there, the plant lasted less then 3
years - even with the millions in government money.  And regular visits from
politicians for photo ops.

The point is plant start up is difficult.  Expectations are very high, and
if you are under a massive public scrutiny at the same time, not likely to
be successfull.