Re: Battery Issue and Front Speaker Question

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Issue and Front Speaker Question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 18:27:03 -0400
At 06:11 PM 10/6/2006 -0400, Paul J. Amoroso wrote:

>As a side note, I have an electronic trickle charger on my battery that
>will not overcharge, and a disconnect switch for the battery.  Most of
>the time the car sits there, so it's a simple thing hit the switch
>before and after driving the car.  I had the same problem you are.
>Since this was easy, I chose this solution instead of tracking down the
>elusive battery drainer in the car.

Paul,

Where did you put your disconnect switch?  Did you put it on the battery,
or in the engine bay near the starter solenoid?

That's the only problem with this car, you need the battery to fire the
doors, you need the doors open to pull the hood release.

So to me you're screwed regardless. :)

We have the battery disconnects on both my dads '48 TR1800 and my '65 Morgan.
But both of those don't require the battery to get into the car or to get
the hood open (for the TR) nor under the rear deck (not really a trunk on
the Morgan).

Phone:  (757) 495-8229