Brake Issues Still

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Issues Still
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:22:08 -0500
I replaced the propotioning valve with a very nice looking brass one.  To bad
you cannot see it under the brake booster. I am still having issues with
braking.  In my driveway going back and forth it seems to force the front or
rear downward as expected based on the direction that I am going.  I bled the
master, and all lines again. This time I did not pull the pin on the
proportioning valve since I have been told this causes issues.  All lines bled
well with large pockets of air coming out of each wheel.  I started at the
passenger side rear, then drivers side rear, passenger side front and last the
drivers side front.  I bleed an entire large brake fluid bottle of fluid
through the lines.  Just trying to be thourough. Whenever I press the brake it
seems that I end up about a 1/2 inch from the floor to hold the car.  The is
especially true on a down hill stop at a stop sign.

I have replaced the rear drums, the rear cylinders, rear shoes, front brake
lines, front calipers, front pads, rebuilt the power brake booster and
replaced the porportioning valve. I can replace the rotors but the really look
fine and seem to be true.  I am not feeling anything in the braking that would
indicate the rotors need to be turned.

Am I missing something?

Greg 0036