RE: Brake Issues Still

To: Greg Schroeder <gschroeder@comcast.net>, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake Issues Still
From: "Early, Stephen" <stephen.early@fiacardservices.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:38:58 -0400
Typically, the problem you describe of the pedal going nearly to the
floor indicates a circuit failure like I described earlier.  If the
problem were air in the lines the brakes would engage early in the pedal
travel but would not have much stopping power without significant pedal
travel.  Another term for this condition is a "spongy" pedal.

You didn't say you replaced the master cylinder.  That is what I would
suspect is the problem.  Also, you should verify that each wheel
cylinder or caliper is able to move freely though the full range of
travel.  A binding wheel cylinder or caliper will cause the problem you
are experiencing.

Rotors will not cause the problem so don't waste your money there.

Stephen I. Early
Card Services Technology
Bank of America Corporation
800.441.7048 x74788