Re: Brake Issues Still - Solved

To: "George T. Geissinger" <ustow@ptd.net>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Issues Still - Solved
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 00:23:15 -0500
George was right on track with the booster push rod.  I was walking through
the system in my mind and thought I would start at the booster and check
everything.   Removed the master and noticed the adjustment on the push rod
was almost all the way in.  I extended it and using the master adjusted the
length so I would get a good quick response.  I had to move it out at least
1/2 inch. The AMC technical reference manual indicates 1.185-1.2 inch   I
ended up pretty close to the end of the mounting bolts for the master on the
booster.  I had disconnected the master while I was doing this so I had to
bleed the system again.  So the system should be prettty well flushed and
free of air.

I will do a test drive in the morning and hopefully I do not have it to
sensitive, but at least I can adjust this pretty easily.

So I have purchased a lot of parts in trying to resolve this problem.  Rear
drums, rear wheel cylinders, rear shoes,  front calipers, front pads, front
brake lines (really neede these) and a new proportioning valve.  I may have
not needed some of these, but I did not feel safe having to plan stops in
advance to make sure I would be able to stop.   Now I should be able to get
some more driving time in before rebuilding my drivers side door which
should have me down for a week or two.

So I have been fighting this brake issue since I got the car.  Thanks to
everyones suggestions and knowledge.  That is what makes this group great.
I learn from every question and response.

Greg 0036