Re: Grose Jets

To: alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (local-british-cars)
Subject: Re: Grose Jets
From: mit-eddie!think!ames!amdahl!drivax!dambrose@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (David Ambrose)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 90 03:08:24 GMT
In article <9002121834.AA12200@hpfcpq.HP.COM> gillam@hpfcpq.hp.com writes:
>        I'm building up my courage to rebuild the Zenith-Strombergs(to me
>        black magic) on my '72 TR6. While I was at it I thought I'd try
>        the Grose Jets that I've seen in the catalogs. I'd like to know if
>        anybody has had any experience with these jets. Is it worth the
>        trouble? Has someone ONLY installed(not a rebuild)the jets and seen
>        a marked difference?

        I've been using them in my MGB GT for about a year now.  They're
great improvements over the old rubber float valves.  They don't stick open
like the rubber ones.  However,  I have had one stick closed.  Insufficient
fuel pressure was certainly a contributing factor though.
>        While I'm at it, are there any precautions/tips that I should be
>        aware of?

        Other than overtorquing them,  and setting the level properly,  I
don't think there are any precautions required.

--
Play it cool;  play it cool;  fifty-fifty fire and ice -- Joni Mitchell
David L. Ambrose, --  Digital Research, Inc          ...!amdahl!drivax!dambrose