On the subject of Brit car/Miata clones....

To: BRIT:;@GSB-WHEN.STANFORD.EDU
Subject: On the subject of Brit car/Miata clones....
From: Mark W. Brandemuehl <mit-eddie!GSB-WHEN.STANFORD.EDU!90BRANDEM@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri 16 Feb 90 10:41:43-PST
A friend who works at Ford has told me about a two seat ragtop they are
planning to release sometime "...in the near future..."  I forget the model
name, but it is an Americanized version of an Australian convertible...
maybe a Cortina?  Of course they are having tremendous problems making
it "crash safe" for the American market and some other small problems
such as emissions are going to add to the price.  I'm not sure they
will ever work everything out, but it should be an interesting vehicle.

Mark Brandemuehl

-------