Re: Far Eastern clone

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Far Eastern clone
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 90 8:21:52 CDT

> >Phil Ethier writes, in reference to my Far East BritClone:
> >>Don't tell me, let me guess:  Datsun roadster?
>
> >No, guess again.
>

> Not Datsun 2000, eh  possibly A Miata ?
>

> Chad McCubbins
> chad@en.ecn.purdue.edu
> 'The shape of things to come........ and go.'

Congratulations, Chad.  Was that an Oliver Hardy handshake?  Maybe a
Stan Laurel handshake would be more fitting.  After all, Stan was
British.  I don't see the Miata as a real clone, though.  There are
several real inovations there, like the subframe running back to the
diff.  The Datsuns, now, they were clones, right down to the SUs and
the teeth-rattling ride.   phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov

--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324