car clubs

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: car clubs
From: Ken Neff <mit-eddie!osf.org!kneff@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 90 13:27:20 -0500
I've long been an Austin-Healey fan (it all started with a 1965 Sprite
MkIII), and the latest issue of Classic and Sports Car (I believe) with
its article on the Austin-Healey 100/4 brought Healey lust crashing to
the forefront.

So, I've decided that, since I can't afford to buy a big Healey, or even a
Bugeye right now, I should at least learn more about them.  I'd like to join
an A-H club.  I'm new to Massachusetts, and I don't know any Healey owners, so
my only source of information is the back of AutoWeek, Road&Track, etc.  I've
thus far found two A-H clubs listed.  How do I decide which one to join.  Both
have magazines, one says its the largest in the USA (address in CA), the other
is in Chicago.  Are there any in the New England area?  Is one magazine better
than the other(s)?

Am I the only person for whom the prices of his(her) dream cars are rising
much faster than his(her) salary?

Ken Neff                              kneff@osf.org -or- kneff@osf.osf.org
Open Software Foundation              ...!uunet!osf!kneff