Re: My new car and garage recommendation

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: My new car and garage recommendation
From: mark thompson <mit-eddie!hpiaclh.hp.com!markt@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 90 8:31:47 PST

> I am now the proud owner of the 1969 TR-6 that I recently asked how
> much I should pay for.  I paid $3000 and the owner said that he thought
> that $5-600 would get it mechanically sound.  Details after I get it
> looked at.  As I said in my previous TR-6 vs TR-7 mail I am not going
> to work on it myself (at least not initially*).  Given this and the
> fact that I can't find the response to my request for south San
> Fransisco bay area mechanics I'm going to ask again.
A neighbor of mine that has a Spitfire uses Automaster in Berkeley.  She
says that the guy there is really honest and even tells her not to do
certain work yet to save money.  I drove by there the other day and the
place was filled with brit. stuff JH, Jag, TR.  I have never tried him but
I need a smog certificate and was planning to give him a try.  He is on
Shattuck almost in Oakland, or maybe IN Oakland, near Flints BarBeeQue.
Anyone who's had experience with this place please jump in.

Good luck.
Mark