My new car and garage recommendation

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: My new car and garage recommendation
From: mit-eddie!Eng.Sun.COM!philr@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Phil Robar)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 90 19:58:55 PST
I am now the proud owner of the 1969 TR-6 that I recently asked how
much I should pay for.  I paid $3000 and the owner said that he thought
that $5-600 would get it mechanically sound.  Details after I get it
looked at.  As I said in my previous TR-6 vs TR-7 mail I am not going
to work on it myself (at least not initially*).  Given this and the
fact that I can't find the response to my request for south San
Fransisco bay area mechanics I'm going to ask again.

The two places I know of and that are close to work are:

Burrnent and Son's British Auto Service (El Camino & Page Mill, Palo
Alto)  A couple of people at work have said good things about this
place but did not have direct experience with them.

Manarello Import Auto Service (San Antonio, Mt. View)  Seems to
specialize in high performance cars.

* I've never before had any desire to work on my own car, but one look
at my TR-6 and its engine and I knew that I had to learn how.  I think
I've been infected.  Now what was the name of the nearest community
college? :-)

Philip Robar, MTS (and finally a British car owner!)
Window Systems Group
Sun Microsystems, MS 14-40, 2550 Garcia Ave., Mt. View, CA. 94043

Phone:  (415) 336-1423

Email:

philr@eng.sun.com               (internet with domain name server)
philr%eng@sun.com               (internet w/o  domain name server)
...!{ucbvax,decwrl,decvax,seismo,hplabs}\
!sun!knecht.eng!philr           (UUCP with direct routing)
knecht.eng!philr@sun.com        (UUCP with smart mailer?)