MGA or MGB-GT...

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: MGA or MGB-GT...
From: mit-eddie!dragoon.telcom.arizona.EDU!brett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 90 13:49:53 MST
        I agree with Mark L., the A wins hands down on looks and fun,
especially if you have a Mk II, or MK-II DeLuxe. But even the 1500 and
1600 are fun, and if you need a closed car MGA Coupes are still available.

        If you are looking for a daily driver and performance the B is the
winner, and the GT is really good looking ( for a modern car..). Try to
find a '66 or '67, these may not be subject to pollution laws (depending
on your locale and legislature). Arizona may be moving to MANDITORY
inspection of all '67 and newer, ala California. So webers and other tricks
may soon be out :-( and the price of '66-'67 B's is beginning to rise.

        Personally, I have 2 MGA's , a 58 coupe and a 60 MK-II DeLuxe (not
running) and use a full-size Bronco or VW as daily drivers. The Coupe off the
road only in the summer when the interior temp is unbearable (115-140).
When the MK-II is done (3 years?), I may drive MGA's year around...

--
Brett Engel                            Internet: brett@arizona.edu
Data Networking Group-Telecom.         BITNET:   brett@arizona.BITNET