Re: battery chargers & current limiting

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: battery chargers & current limiting
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 90 8:56:19 CDT

> When caught with a dead battery and no trickle charger I find putting a 7 1/2
> watt 120V bulb in series with the battery and charger and leaving it overnight
> gives a good trickle. No clue what the actual current is.

somebody stop me if I've dropped a decimal somewhere, but it looks to
me like this would limit  current to about 6ma even if the battery was
shorted.  This seems safe enough, in fact hardly enough to do any
good.   phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324