'79 spitfire

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: '79 spitfire
From: mit-eddie!potassium.cchem.berkeley.edu!wilson@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Michael A. Wilson)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 90 11:02:56 PDT
Hi All,

     Since my message earlier today on the '77 MGB, I got a call
from a guy with a '79 Spitfire. It has 38K miles, the body is
perfect, the interior is fair. New starter, new tires, needs
new bushings in rear suspension (big deal, don't they all?).
Problem is that it won't go into 3rd, 4th, or reverse.
Any ideas on what I should offer for it?  Price has not been
discussed.  He may be interested in a trade for the MGB
(he knows about the clang, has heard it, and is as mystified as me).
I kinda hate the idea of getting a *mere* triumph for an MGB, but
who knows...

Thanks,
Mike Wilson

PS. for all you triumph guys out there: :-) :-)