TLA's

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: TLA's
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 90 11:18:47 EDT
Okay, campers.  Time once again for a quickie course in TLA's (Three Letter
Acronyms).  SOL as first used by the fovnders three years ago was Sons Of
Lucas, but that quickly got replaced by Scions Of Lucas, especially as there
are a number of women of the opposite sex amongst the faithful, and there is
no reason they should be excluded by the terminology.  I belive that mjb was
the first to use that particular designation.

LBC is a recent addition to the vocabulary, penned by someone who is himself a
recent addition to the SOL list (at least on a geologic time scale beginning
with the establishment of this list by Dale Cook, Ovr Fovender, about three
years ago).  LBC stands for Little British Convertible, not Little British Car,
though perhaps those of you with coupes and sedans, Jaguars, Aston-Martins,
GT-6's, MGB-GT's, etc., will require a change in terminology like that for
SOL.  Except that some of those non-dropheads are not so little.  I should but
don't remember who proposed LBC, so perhaps that person will 'fess up.

Jim Muller