TR6 Tires

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: TR6 Tires
From: leger@Alliant.COM (Bob Leger)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 90 10:48:11 EDT
Dave Kegel writes that he has seen TR6s with 215/60-15 tires.  My Eurotire
chart lists the minimum rim width as 6".  Ok for aftermarket 6" wheels,
like Panasport, but pushing it for a stock 5 1/2" wheel.  Some manufacturers
may differ and reccomend the narrower rim, though.

I bought a new issue of British Car last night and there was an article
comparing a TR6, a Healy 3000, and an MGC.  The TR6 was wearing 185/70-15
Bridgestone tires.  The appearance was a bit different (smaller) than
stock but they looked good.  The owner even added a red sidewall stripe to make
them look like Michelins.

Bob Leger