winter starts...

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: winter starts...
From: ken%sware.UUCP@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Seefried iii)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 90 11:50:03 EST
[ Glad to see the list back! ]

Well, kids...it's getting to be that time of the year.  As
the temp drops closer to freezing, most LBC's get more and
more grumpy about starting in the morning.  I know *mine*
does...just like it's owner.

The question is: Is there a way to improve winter starts?

I've put a bit lighter weight oil in it.  New battery (and
alternator, but thats a different story).  Fresh anti-freeze.
She could do with a tune, and I'll get to that.  But what
else can be done?

I've heard that putting in one of these all solid-state
ignition and distributor jobs (Mallory???) does wonders.
Same has been said of Webber carbs.  Whats the scoop?

Oh...and for those interested in the vitals:  1975 MG
Midget, unknown miles (odometer died at just under 30k),
maroon, Zenith carbs.  Some idiot tried to re-wire some
things, but I'm slowly fixing that.  Purchased it two weeks
ago...happy as a clam. ;')