RE>winter starts...

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: RE>winter starts...
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 10 Dec 90 14:33:34
        Reply to:   RE>winter starts...
Here we just make sure the soft top's in the trunk for when it rains....

  Actually, there's more to it than that.  A TR2 is not the world's most
rainproof car.  I had to make up new door gaskets for mine that really worked.
What I did, is I opened the door, and cleaned the  doorpost with lacquer
thinner.  Then I laid a bead of silicone on the doorpost, greased the door with
Vaseline, and SHUT the door onto the silicone.  When I opened
the door a day later, VOILA!  A perfect weatherproof door seal!

    - Jerry Kaidor