RE: STRANGE OIL PRESSURE

To: BRITISH-CARS@MULTIMAX.ENCORE.COM
Subject: RE: STRANGE OIL PRESSURE
From: WALZER%enp.prime.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Date: 11 Dec 90 15:42:32 EST
 I agree you should borrow or install an oil pressure gauge. Low
pressure is most likely cause.
 One other piece to consider is the screen on the oil pump itself.
I had problems with my VW where light was off at idle, and on at
higher RPM. After checking pressure (which was OK) and some
electronics in the dash (with no help from VW, thank you!) I
finally went ahead and replaced the oil pump. End of problem.
Upon inspecting the pump's screen, it looked like it may have
been seriously clogged. I'm guessing it may have been sucking
up some crud, and starving the oil requirements, and thus
my strange oil pressure problem.

Good luck.

...happy Healeying.  Duane WALZER@ENP.PRIME.COM