Re: Body-off-frame experiences?

To: british-cars@encore.com, walker@hprpcd.rose.hp.com
Subject: Re: Body-off-frame experiences?
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 90 15:18:45 -0800
Darrell, My TR3A is in the same condition as your 4A.  I took a very close
look at my frame from the engine compartment and from underneath. Mine seemed
in exellent condition {probably the only thing on the car that was}.  I decided
not to go through the extra work. Call me lazy, but I figgured that I had
already cleaned it with a rented steam cleaner & I could spray it from
underneath {I'm not going to worry about paint runs under the body}.  I also
figgured that I was giving myself enough work as it was!!!!.

On the other side,  I understand it is easy to take off with 2 or 4 people to
help. It would allow you to do an exellent job of cleaning and painting
the frame. But, like I said earlier, my frame is in exellent shape.

I will not be able to say I did a frame off restoration, but I can say I did
a wing, bonnet, boot lid, door, petrol tank, interior, drive line off
restoration ;*)

TeriAnn