Body-off-frame experiences?

Subject: Body-off-frame experiences?
From: "Darrell Walker" <walker@hprpcd.rose.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 90 13:53:45 PST
Well, I am at a major decision point in the restoration of my 66 TR4A.

I have removed all of the body panels that unbolt (bonnet and boot lid,
doors, wings).  I also have removed all of the interior, and the enigne
and tranny are soon to follow.

So now I am asking myself, should I pull the body off, or stop now and
begin reconstruction?

On the plus side for removing the body:

        There will never be a better time
        Chance to check out the frame and underside of the body
        Just for the fun of it

On the minus side:

        Probably a hell of a lot of work

So, does anyone have any horror stories or tips for this kind of thing?
Any other pluses or minuses?  How should I lift the body, engine hoist,
several strong friends?  Do I need to fabricate some supports across the
door openings since they have been removed?

--
   Darrell Walker                 walker@hprpcd.hp.com
   (916) 785-4059                 HPDesk: walker (hprpcd) /HP5200/UX